In 1987 Irving patented a new design for classical
guitar tuning machines, to eliminate gear backlash. He designed the
machines to look better and work better than any others. Soon
afterwards he utilized his wealth of knowledge and redesigned these
patented machines for the string bass.
The central aspect of thepatent is the built-in
handle tensioning system. The system is a simple nut and washer
assembly at the base of the handle that not only allows for variable
“feel” while tuning but also for quick and inexpensive handle
replacement. But there is so much more to the Irving Sloane Bass
The Irving Sloane Bass Machines feature:
- Cast Bronze with stainless steel worm gear
- Fine tooth Gearing (50:1) is precision tooled for exceptional
smoothness and accuracy
- Patented construction allows easy adjustments of friction to
equalize all four strings
- Available handle styles: Original Cello, Winged Italian and
English Baker. These handles are easily interchangeable.
- Available with two differnt core materials -Brass or, starting
this year …. light-weight aluminum.
- Set of Four: $599.00
Set of Five: $705.00
Antiqued finish available at additional charge